Pepwave Max WiFi WAN connectivity issue

Testing out my new Pepwave Max.
I have the AP WiFi set up and working (internet connectivity) when WAN is hard wired to existing home gateway.

WiFi as WAN is also set up but will not connect (2.4 or 5Ghz). I see my WiFi networks (strong signals) and select connect button. Nothing happens and unit continues to “scan”.

I’ve also tried the cellular WAN connection by using my iphone SIM card but that also fails (that could be related to my wireless provider set up of SIM card though).

Appreciate any thoughts/suggestions. Thanks.

Can you hook up a laptop or desktop to the device using ethernet and perform the same connect-to-wifi-wan tests?

AP + Wi-Fi-WAN mode running simultaneously on a single device can behave a bit unexpectedly if your not familiar with the limitations.

What model is it exactly? And is it running the latest firmware? If not you should update to latest

I hooked up my laptop directly to the LAN port and tried again but same result … both 2.4G & 5G WiFi networks are seen but when I try to connect, nothing happens. I repowered the Pepwave and tried again but no change. Am I missing something here?

I’m using the Pepwave Max BR1 MK2 with latest firmware version.

Mystery solved. After an hour with technical support, we came to the conclusion that my home WiFi has a strange setting preventing the Pepwave from connecting on WAN side. The real test will be when I install the unit on a sailboat next week while in Grenada.