Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro 5G and T-Mobile (US)

Just went on a wild ride trying to get service with T-Mobile (consumer) for a new Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro 5G. Initially everything went fine, they said my IMEI was compatible, signed me up for a 100GB for $50 post paid plan, sent me a SIM card, and I was up and running. But then it just stopped working the next day. One long chat session didn’t solve anything. Then I called in and got transferred to some tech that said the plan I was sold was a promotion that was only compatible with two T-Mobile devices, that they had blocked me, and I would need to get a different plan. He transferred me blind to another agent who had no idea what that guy meant and had no solutions. That agent transferred me to another agent who also had no idea. He really liked to tell me that they sold me a plan with no guarantees and that it was all my fault or Pepwave’s fault. But, it was really, really hard to forget what the first guy said.

I ended up cancelling and after a bit of arguing got a full refund. Very frustrating experience because everything I’ve read on this forum seems to indicate that this should have worked just fine. Any suggestions on magic words to make this go through if I try again?

Hi Tom. Very frustrating – I know. I’m going to PM you some information on someone who may be able to help you – assuming your are in the USA. (That’s not intended to close-off other responses however!) - Rick

I set up our MAX BR1 Pro 5G over the weekend and everything went fine. They sent me the SIM (only 50G for $50 though) and I’ve had no issues so far. I searched the T-mobile site and couldn’t find a 100G plan!

I’ve been unable to find a 100G plan on T-Mo as well, only the grey-market sellers seem to have them.

I had T-Mobile at home 5G service and called in to move the sim card over to my Max tst 5GD and they converted that line I had over to a 100GB hotspot data line. So you just have to ask for the service and it cost $50 per month.