Pepwave MAX BR1 ENT with LTE Advanced IP Passthrough and SSH Port Forwarding

Hello!

I have a Pepwave MAX BR1 ENT with LTE Advanced with IP passthrough enabled. I can verify the cellular IP is being vended out to the single device I have connected via ethernet.

I’d like to enable SSH port forwarding to the device on Ethernet. However, I can’t figure out what to associate as the “Server Address” when setting up the port-forwarding configuration. Since the IP of the cellular connection is being passed through to the LAN device, should I use the cellular IP? What happens if the SIM card needs replaced, or switches to the secondary SIM (which would have a different IP address)?

Trying to figure out a solution that:

• allows the cellular IP address to be passed through to the single device I have connected via ethernet, and
  • does not require a port-forwarding configuration change if the cellular IP address changes

In other words, I’d like to SSH port forward the current IP address to whatever devices is connected to LAN1.

Any help is appreciate.

Thanks!

Replying to my own post, here. It seems no port-forwarding rule is necessary. With the passthrough, it seems all port traffic gets passed-through.