Pepwave MAX-BR1-AE-T

Hi,

I,m getting a bad cellular serves with MAX-BR1-AE-T and I can’t change the location of the router,
How can I get better signal .

Hi @Samer

Have you replaced the antenna supplied with the device and positioned these antenna somewhere where there is a better cellular signal?

When I’m installing a cellular device (like the BR1, HD2, HD4, etc) I usually try to establish where the nearest cellular towers are in the area. Then, if the supplied antenna are not able to provide a decent connection - usually due to the building the device is being used in (metal port-a-cabin, or basement, etc) then I would use antenna with a good quality low loss coax connection (I try to keep the cable run as short as possible - less than 5 meters).

I have also relocated the BR1 to somewhere more convenient for the antenna / cellular connection and used a 60 meter CAT5 run back to the internal network. Is this an option for you?

If this is a rural location with almost no cellular coverage in the area, then you may need to look at high-gain directional antenna, pointing directly at the cellular tower, so these antenna may need to be mounted on a pole, at height, for the best results.

Do you have any photos of the installation you could share, perhaps also showing the building the BR1 is inside. This may help to understand the problem you face and others here will be happy to help you to find a solution.

Steve

2 Likes