Pepwave data plan for canada

We’re heading to Alaska in our rv this summer. We’ll be traveling thru Canada and need internet access.

can anyone recommend a data only plan for visitors to Canada that works in max Br1 pro 5g? 60 days. Approx 50 GB per month needed

Hi there. I will be doing the same thing (summer 2024)…

What did you end up sorting out for your trip? Can you please share? I assume you went… I am also curious how was coverage along the way with your chosen solution?

I have VZW postpaid plan which offers Travel Pass for $5/day up to 2GB. And ATT postpaid which allows me to use unlimited data from my plan for $10/day.

I have Starlink flat mounted on my roof which enables me to use it while in-motion.

I am hesitant to rely exclusively on Starlink and roaming and would purchase an in-country SIM card if it gives me a better guarantee of usability. Probably would leave ATT active and flip off my VZW to the in-country sim.

Looking at the coverage map of Bell, Telus and Rogers it seems Bell and Telus would give the best coverage along the Alaska Highway. It seems there is NO service at all along the Cassiar Highway. I am thinking of driving the Alaska Highway there and Cassiar on the way back.

we tried to use the Verizon plan. But unfortunately, the coverage was minimal. Starlink was the only choice for most of the trip.

to do it over again, i would only use starlink.

Did starlink work solidly? Was there any places along the trip where starlink did NOT work? Aside from places where the sky was obstructed of course.

Yes, everywhere we had a clear sky. ( except for Whitehorse, I’m guessing that too many people in town used starlink )

1 Like

Hello, please check out the Peplink eSim Data plan to see if meets your requirements, we do have coverage for Canada as well. Refer to this link for more details.