PepWave connection to Bell Canada network

We just got some new PepWave devices and I went to set them up with a Bell Canada SIIM card. We had numerous similar device deployed and functioning but this time the device made the connection and then got stuck at “Obtaining IP address” or similar message. The SIIM card works in other devices, I could not test it with an older PepWave and they are all deployed. The only difference that I can see is that the newer models have a newer version of firmware. I tried to downgrade the firmware but that failed.

Hi. Perhaps you may be able to give us some more hints as to what the circumstances/environment/issues are – if we are to help you? For example:

1. Exact model nrs
  2. Hardware versions
  3. Firmware version in use that did not work
  4. Firmware versions that dId work
1 Like

Her is some more info:
Model: MAX BR1 LTE-US-T
Serial No: 2933-0DF6-70F4
Firrmware not working: 6.3.3 build 2252
Firmware working: 6.2.2 build 1790

I have the unit on my desktop and I installed the SIIM card. I activated the card and received the username and password for the connection from Bell Canada. I have triple checked that. The unit gets a connection but cannot get an IP address, the IP address should be static but provided by DHCP from Bell.

Hello,

As long as the IMEI of the Pepwave devices is registered and provisioned properly on Bell Canada side, they will work. You mentioned that you got some new Pepwave devices. Please make sure that each IMEI on the devices has been registered on Bell Canada.

As for the device you mentioned below;
Model: MAX BR1 LTE-US-T
Serial No: 2933-0DF6-70F4

Are you saying that the firmware 6.3.3 build 2252 doesn’t work with Bell while firmware 6.2.2 build 1790 works fine? Since the firmware 6.2.2 build 1790 works on the BR1, it indicates that the IMEI should be registered on Bell Canada network side.

Would you please create a ticket so we can take a look further?

Thanks,
Haruki

1 Like