Pepwave Balance Not Advertising OSPF Routes

Trying to configure Peplink Balance OSPF, but the Area ID changes to 0.0.0.0 when I enter 0 and save. My Cisco 1981, which is sitting in the same subnet as the Peplink Balance with one switch in between, is not seeing the LSA advertisements.

So, I’m wondering why the Balance is not sending out the advertisements for connected VPNs and why the area ID defaults to 0.0.0.0 which isn’t even a valid area ID.

Does the Peplink Balance even advertise routes to non-Peplink devices or other devices in general?

Thanks much. Would appreciate any insight here.

Area 0 is used for network advertising over PepVPN.

Have you editing the area and enabled the LAN interface?

1 Like

Hi Martin,

I’ve enabled the WAN interface, which is an internal IP because it sits behind our firewall, and I don’t see any adjacencies formed or links advertised.

My router and Pepwave are sitting next to each other so it’s about as simple as you could get (Router > Switch > Pepwave).

I’m just assuming there’s some oddity regarding the Pepwave that’s not documented (like LSAs not being sent out WAN interface perhaps). This is why I mentioned the 0.0.0.0 Area ID.

Appreciate the help.

Yeah weird. Not sure how to help fault find that. Think you should log a ticket.

1 Like