Pepwave AP One AX keeps syncing config every 30 seconds?

I have a Pepwave AP One AX on 3.9.2 4797 firmware, and it appears to be in continuously syncing config every 30 seconds.

I tried rebooting, downgrading firmware, and even resetting the device. No change. I see clients on the AP. Maybe this isn’t a big concern?

Also - probably unrelated to the above, between our few APs, I do see several clients showing up without IP address. They show up as 0.0.0.0. Is this a reservation issue (out of IPs)?

I’ll let someone else answer your first question. But, as to the second, we see this behavior as “expected” with the earlier generation of APs as well as the newer “AX” models. When the clients first connect they are first shown as 0.0.0.0 before their IP address is displayed. One will see the “real” address if one refreshes the screen a few seconds after connection or just waits until the device’s GUI does it automatically. (It’s definitely not an “out of IPs” problem.)

Thanks, Rick. When I look at the Balance One client list, I don’t see the 0.0.0.0 wifi client, but when I view the AP > Wireless client I now see just one client showing up as 0.0.0.0 on multiple APs. It’s also present on AP> Access Point > Client list (on each AP).

Does the 0.0.0.0 remain there for some time after the client connects? And are all clients within good “range” of at least one AP?

Do you have an AP Controller managing the AP? Is InControl managing the AP?

if so, make sure the firmware is selected in the AP Controller or InControl. If you tried to manually update the firmware on the AP directly, it will revert as soon as it contacts the management system.