Pepwave 802.11 ac?

Meaning simultaneous support of the bands like the Balance One or pick a band like the AP 300?

The new 11ac AP will have simultaneous dual-band support!

Great to hear!

Well, it’s July already also 2 weeks passed since I asked in here about the release of the AP with the AC draft… still nothing , no real answer with an aprox. date even a fixed date… makes me sad since I jus tgot today a cradlepoint who alredy has AC and soon will be forced to switch entirely from peplink since all WiFi clients are now upgraded to the AC, and who does not want higher speeds and stability?

I really hope someone can reply with an exact date about the release and what products can we expect to have AC.

Thanks!

I too am impatient for the 802.11ac AP to be released. Maybe the Peplink team will throw some chum in the water…

Dear friends, our apologies for keeping you waiting. We understand this is a hot product in demand, and the team has been working hard to make that happen.

Some specs for your previews first :slight_smile:

LAN Interface: 1x GE Port (802.3af PoE capable)
Wi-Fi Interface: 2x2 802.11ac/a/b/g/n simultaneous dual-band (all built-in antennas)
Power Input: DC Input 12V or PoE
Dimensions: 3 7/8" x 3 7/8" x 7/8"

Software: Pepwave AP One, manageable by AP Controller (Balance/MAX) or InControl 2.

Pre-order will start by mid August, with volume shipment in Sept. Price will be announced in July. Let us know what you think and what price point you are expecting? :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Keith

Looks good! Looking forward to the price announcement in the next 7 days and ability to order in August.

Dear friends,

The first 11ac AP from Pepwave will be officially named the AP One AC mini.

It will be priced at USD129.

To express our thanks, we will be running a limited time promo exclusive to this audience in early August! You will be able to buy the AC mini at just USD99/pc (limited to 5pcs per customer).

We will be providing the link to the online cart in due course. Again, thanks for your continued support.

Keith

How would one use this with the Surf SOHO?

Surf SOHO provides a built-in AP that can either work at 2.4G or 5G at a time.

The AC mini will supplement your network by providing simultaneous dual-band AP coverage.

The AP/SSID management, setup and reporting of both products can be centralized at InControl 2.

P.S. InControl 2 support for our Pepwave AP products will be announced soon.

Keith

Would the AC mini serve as a full-on replacement to the SOHO? Where does it fall in the product lineup? Is there any point to disabling the wireless on the Surf SOHO and connecting the AP mini to the Surf SOHO and letting the AP mini handle the wireless?

The Surf SOHO lack of dual-band support has been an issue for me with the Chromecasts on my network. I have to broadcast another SSID from my cable modem that the Chromecasts can connect to. But then my iPad or iPhone needs to connect to the cable modem’s SSID instead of the Surf SOHO.

Hi,

1. Would the AC mini serve as a full-on replacement to the SOHO?
    No

2. Where does it fall in the product lineup?
    WLAN

3. Is there any point to disabling the wireless on the Surf SOHO and connecting the AP mini to the Surf SOHO and letting the AP mini handle the wireless?
    Are you looking for dual bands on wireless LAN then WAN as wired connection?

To become one of the first users of the AP One AC mini, please visit our online cart at this link. Enjoy!

Yes, I need dual band on local wireless LAN to support 5GHz clients and 2.4GHz to support Chromecasts. 2.4GHz has much interference with several dozen SSIDs in range. It cuts out very frequently and I would like to prevent the rest of the network stalling. My mobile hotspot is connected to the SOHO as a backup internet source and my cable modem is connected to the SOHO via ethernet as the primary source of internet.

Hi,

You have 2 options:-

1. Replace Surf Soho with Balance One which support links load balancing and dual band simultaneously.

2. Disable wireless LAN on Surf Soho and attach AP ONE AC Mini with Surf Soho.

Thank you!

Will pre-order shipments be announced here? You mentioned volume shipment in September.