PepVPN multi-WAN to cellular endpoint

I have a scenario where a vessel with multi-cellular & multi-satellite WAN options wants to land traffic in owner’s home country; in this case Spain.
We have a Balance router in Spain using a Vodafone ESP SIM, (WAN option not currently available).
From UK I can create VPN from vessel to my transit duo, AND I can create VPN from the TST to the Spanish device, but as yet have not been able to created a tunnel from the vessel directly to the Spanish endpoint. All devices are currently in the same IC2 group and the status of the remotes are known online when the VPN is starting. My guess is that the Vodafone Spain IP has some additional Natting…?
Any suggestions as to how to work through to a resolution?
Many thanks

1 Like

PepVPNs are being created within IC2 as point-to-point

1 Like

Is there a static public IP address on etheir the Vessel or the Balance in Spain ?

What are the LAN IP address of the two location ?

1 Like

You can not create PepVPN tunnels between site where none of them have static IP address. You need almost one static IP address on one side.

Your ESP SIM cad doesn’t provide static ip address that’s why VPN is not working with the vessel.

Rudy

You could either relay both via UK So vessel ↔ UK ↔ Spain
or you can you use SpeedFusion Connect Protect and use the Relay Mode.
Both will function similarly. Essentially you have to connect outbound on both units that are cellular only , but could relay between the static ip end point.

Thanks for the feedback, this issue was solved with a FusionHub on AWS VM enabling the reliable handshake to complete without concern over the cellular operators in Spain or any location of the vessel from blocking the ports required for the PepVPN handshake.

perfect, yes exactly , something in the middle will do the trick.

1 Like