Pepvon vs intervlan Communications problem

Hello people,

I am currently running a project for my organisation and we’ve decided to give peplink a good look due to their proprietary soeedfusion.

I have multiple branches that I want to connect to HQ. Presently I have been able to configure speedfusion in 2 sites which is well established using balance 20x.

My challenge is with the communications of the vlans in the same site and over site A.
In site A:
Untagged vlan: 192.168.1.1/24
Vlan10: 10.48.31.254/23
Vlan20: 10.193.61.254/24

Site B:
Untagged vlan: 192.168.30.1/24
Vlan10: 10.48.28.1/24
Vlan20: 10.193.62.1/24

I am able to communicate between the Untagged vlan and vlan10 or 20 in site A, vis a vis site B. However, I haven’t been able to communicate with another vlan on the same network.

Note: my vlan 10 and vlan 20 are access port on Lan1 and Lan2. The Untagged vlan is not assigned a port. I have also checked intervlan option during configuration.

1. How do I make 2 vlans communicate in site A. The same for site B.

2. How do I make the tagged vlans communicate over each site?

I need help.

First got to status > Speedfusion on both devices and make sure you can see the vlan subnets of the other device shown there. Then using the ping too in the webui try and ping the LAN IP of the remote B20X in each vlan.

If you can ping all the VLAN IPs of the remote Balance then SpeedFusion routing is working. So then go to your LAN devices in the VLANs and confirm they have a gateway IP set.

1 Like

Hi Martin, thanks for your reply.

First, the vlan subnets are showing on both devices as directed.

Second, I am also able to ping from vlan using a host at both ends connected to the port vlan.

Third, there is a gateway ip set in the ip address option.

I am finding difficult to ping two clients in the same vlan in site A, the same with site B.

My plan at the end of the day is to trunk a cisco switch to the trunk port on peplink and ensure devices on the same vlan can communicate likewise devices at different sites.