Peplink SOHO - slow speeds after 7.1.0 firmware update

Hi,
I updated the firmware to 7.1.0 this week. After the update, both my wired and AP/wireless speeds dropped dramatically.

Previously was getting 35-50 mbits/s down consistently. Now getting 5 mbits/s down. Wireless is < 1 mbit/s.

I checked connecting directly to the modem with a laptop, and I get 70 mbits/s down.

I also downgraded to the 7.0.3 firmware, it did not help. Also, did a full factory reset. Also did not help. Upgraded back to 7.1.0, still slow speeds.

Any advice?

Maybe restore the config settings from the 7.0.3 firmware. The router prompts you to make a backup before all firmware upgrades for just this sort of thing.
Random guesses:
WAN speed properties (network → Wan → details)
LAN port speeds (Network → port settings)
check the LEDs on the Ethernet ports to see what speed they are using.
Also, watch CPU usage just in case there is a background task hogging the router
Cant hurt to reboot the modem and check the router Event log

1 Like

Thanks. Resolved with reverting fw, then updating again.

I just got my Surf SOHO and updated the firmware right away because that’s what I thought I should do. I downloaded the firmware to my computer, then hooked it up to the Surf by ethernet, and ran through the upgrade process. It wouldn’t stay connected to any wifi network. I thought it was because I was in an area of horrible cell coverage but we moved locations today and the same thing was happening. I had been in this location before and had acceptable cell signal, so I knew it used to work here. But it kept trying to connect to the wifi network from the cell modem, then would lose it and try to reconnect again.

Finally, I rebooted and set it back to the original firmware that came with it (6.3.3). Now I’m streaming just fine. The only thing that changed was the firmware, but now it seems to be okay.

Is there anything in the jump from 6.3.3 to 7.1.0 that would cause it to not maintain a connection with a wifi network? I’m going to try an connect it with USB from the modem, but our modem (ZTE Mobley) is not officially supported, but I’ve found people saying they can get it to work anyway, so I’m not sure what the deal is at this point.