PEPLink Router API /get/status.wan.connection.signal Inquiry

Currently working on a project that needs to collect physical-layer information from the PEPLink router. I have been using the PEPLink Router API with the call from the title. I am interested in querying the RF metrics (RSSI, SINR, SNR, ECIO, RSRP, RSRQ, and RSCP) from the returned Cellular_Signal_Obj. I have been seeing that there is a slow fluctuation between these values whenever the antenna is messed around with. I also see that there is almost no jitter (over time) and the values are very exact (no decimal places). I was wondering if there was perhaps some filtering or smoothing that was done within the router for these reasons, and if there was any way to fetch the original values that were being received.

Additional Unrelated Question(s):

1. I have been using the PEPLink Router API for no particular reason, but I recently learned about the InControl2 API. Was there any difference in the quality of status updates that we could receive from either API, or do they contain similar information?
  2. Are there any undocumented API calls for the PEPLink Router that may give us more information/statistics about the data-link layer as well as the network layer?

Here is the link to the API document that I was currently using:

Thanks,

@watch77 , Possible for you to share the use case that you are working on ?

I suppose slow fluctuation refer seconds ?

Thank you

1 Like

I tried querying for these every 0.5s for about 5 minutes and every 2min for about 10 hours, and the values returned by the API were complete integers, such as -76, -76, -76, -76, -76 (RSSI) and by slow fluctuation I was referring to the delay it took to see a change in the values. I was wondering if there was some averaging or filtering occurring in the router that made these values so “exact”. Thanks!