Peplink MediaFast 380

Hi There,

Can someone in here, to explain’s to me the difference between Peplink MediaFast 500 and Peplink MediaFast 380.

I just want to understand more about the device.

Hope someone can explain to me, because i try to search the info regarding Peplink MediaFast 380 but i didn;t find it.

Hi @Media32,

I’m quite sure there is no Peplink MediaFast 380.
There is a ‘normal’ Peplink Balance 380 however.

The existing models are: MediaFast 200, MediaFast 500 and MediaFast 750.
You can take a look at the available MediaFast models and their specifications by clicking here.

The main difference between ‘normal’ Balance routers and MediaFast routers is that the MediaFast routers have an internal SSD which is used for caching.
This SSD caches frequently used websites/downloads, which helps you save on your data usage.

If you have any questions, let me know!

Joey

1 Like

Hi Joey.

Thanks and really helpful.
Yes i’m very sure this is mediafast 380. you may refer below picture.

Pepe

Hi Media32,

Welp, let me rephrase myself then.

I was pretty sure there was no such thing as a Peplink MediaFast 380. :smiley:
Strange thing is that there is no mention of it on the Peplink website and barely any mention of it on Google.

@TK_Liew/@sitloongs, do you guys have any specifications available of the MediaFast 380?
This way @Media32 can compare them to the other MediaFast models.

Edit: After finding this website, my guess is that the MediaFast 380 has been removed from the MediaFast series.
I suggest waiting until someone of the Peplink team follows up on this thread.

1 Like

If MediaFast 380 has been replaced by the MediaFast 200, they is no any info at the peplink wedsite about the mediafast 380.

I overlooked the Peplink MediaFast 200 on the website I linked in my last reply.

So the MediaFast 200 will probably not have replaced the MediaFast 380, but rather the MediaFast 380 might have been removed from the MediaFast series.
There will be a reason for this, I’m sure of that, so let’s wait for the Peplink team to follow up.

1 Like

btw mike. thanks a lot for your respond…

Yaa. let’s wait for the Peplink team to follow up.

Hello, which product can replace Mediafast 380?

Thank you.

The MediaFast 500 would replace the MediaFast 380. Back in early 2014 when MediaFast was first born there was a 380 version for a short while but the current versions are the 200, 500, and 750. Thanks

1 Like

thank you so much