Peplink Max Transit Pro

Unable to get Verizon service for this devise because they claim it is a unit for business use only. Additionally doesn’t come up with a cellular plan option. Need to fix ASAP as 7 phone calls and 40 hours on hold with Verizon for a simple addition is unacceptable. And Airstream claims you don’t have anyway to fix this. HELP!!!

Hi. I see you have two threads going on this issue. I’m wondering if you have tried the solution suggested in Peplink | Pepwave - Forum ? Have you visited a VZW store? Sad that Verizon treats its customers this way but the “fix” is not difficult.

I have not tried that yet but Verizon has tried every possible combinations of phone/unit/cell plan/etc and nothing will work. They said your unit is not compatible with any plan other than a business plan. I am not a business so that won’t work. Can’t Peplink authorize any Verizon plan for this unit? Otherwise it is useless for travel trailers.

I am a lowly Partner and cannot speak for Peplink. But I can say … Peplink submits their routers to the carriers for approval/certification for use on the latters’ networks. The carriers take it from there. Peplink does not dictate which data plans may be used with a given device. I promise you any of Peplink’s routers will operate on any of VZW’s plans. If you found otherwise, you are running into a business decision by Verizon, not a limitation of the Peplink equipment.

Having said that, I can tell you there are thousands of owners of Peplink routers similar to yours who are using them on Verizon’s various plans – including non-business and pre-paid. In our experience Verizon is the most difficult carrier to deal with in the USA (as well as the most expensive.) But, in the end, I can do no more than offer the advice I already provided. I indicated what has worked for us. I’ll guess that if you spend another dozen of hours on the phone you will get nowhere. Go to a store as I suggested and you’ll likely meet with success.

Now, it may be that Peplink ought to have a “sit down” with a policy-maker (or a member of their Sales Prevention Department) at Verizon. It would certainly seem so.

Thanks. Maybe Starlink is the answer.