Peplink MAX BR1 Mini HWv3 firmware 8.3.1 and 8.3.0 freezes up requiring power-cycle if cellular channels set to auto

We have 100s of Peplink Max BR1 Mini devices specifically bought for stable cellular internet access in an IoT setting. Since we’ve upgraded to firmware 8.3.x (right now on 8.3.1 5019) we’ve seen issues with routers getting stuck (with us unable to remotely recover) requiring power-cycling to get them back online. We’ve noticed that setting specific cellular channels seems to fix the issue (but obviously not a good solution). The light indicators behind the device are solid green for Status and WiFi but black for cellular.
I have a support ticket open through our vendor, I’d be interested in any stability issues using the 8.3 firmware that others have encountered/resolved.
We have seen this with various cellular setups (SIM A only, dual sim etc.), and it appears that it freezes when it tries to switch to a different channel (due to signal strengths etc.).

Hi did you ever find a solution to this? I’m experiencing the same issue with the same hardware and firmware. Support ticket was opened some time ago with no resolution so I just gave up and have lived with the issue. Started researching this again and found this post.

EDIT: Just saw your post is with HW3 devices. My issues are all with HW2 devices and haven’t had any problems with the HW3 versions but we do disable Smartcheck on them. Replacing our HW2 with an HW3 using same SIM fixes our issue. I believe latest FW for HW3 versions is 8.4 now.

Hi guys, we’ve been having similar issues but only seems with some MAX-BR1 Mini (regular and core) devices on ATT with the Telit LE910-NA V2 modems.

Also have had the Smartcheck feature cause disconnects until a power cycle. Below are links to my posts about both issues.

We have about 2500 devices in the field and now have to roll trucks constantly to reboot for the ATT issue. Been fighting it for many months now and have a ticket open. I’d have your techs download the diagnostics report before power cycling so you can submit with the ticket. Thanks

https://forum.peplink.com/t/having-a-lot-of-max-br1-mini-with-telit-le910-na-v2-modem-disconnect-from-att-until-rebooted/64d5464ff6017d2a0b4154cc/

https://forum.peplink.com/t/smartcheck-causing-cellular-only-max-br1s-to-disconnect-until-rebooted/64d2b583d3cc6e170383eafb/2