Peplink Link balancer Case study

Dear Team,

As the Peplink is new for me, so I would request to everyone who has experience with the Peplink Product regarding my requirement as below. we plan to purchase 2 Units of Peplink Load Balancing for Proposed Load sharing internet and link failover, so we will deploy it in front of Existing Firewall right?

• We are using the Log Management System (ArcSight Logger), so does Peplink support with this External Log management System or not?
  • For SpeedFusion Encrypted Technology, will it work fine or not, if we use the Peplink at HQ site only? Or we need to deploy Peplink Balancing for both sites, in order to use SpeedFusion Technology? Please help to advise
  • We will keep using his existing Firewall(Check Points) for configuring VPN Site to Site, so if we configure Drop-in Mode, so the VPN Site to Site from Branch to HQ still working fine right? in this case, they just need Pelink to do Link Balancing & Combined Link only.
  • We had 3 ISP (A=20Mb, B=9Mb & C=10Mb) are configure VPN Site to Site which we point to Public IP A, so when the ISP-A down, will Peplink can be able to Transfer VPN Connection to other link or not? if yes, please kindly provide me the configuration Guide. please feel free to let me know if you need any information more. thank you!

Yes

Sure you can send the Peplink syslogs to it.

A device is needed at both sites

Sure.

Yes

Suggest you work with a Peplink partner to assist you.

1 Like

Thank @MartinLangmaid,

For your value feedback.

1 Like

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone have experience about this point? if yes, please help to advise.

Not sure what you’re asking for. Is it for more people to answer your original post to confirm what I have said? If you want we could ask @TK_Liew for his view.

1 Like

Hi @TK_Liew,

Could you please help provide the configuration guide on below point because as Martin mentioned that Peplink can do this, but i want to see the Configuration guide, how to configure and how it work?

We had 3 ISP (A=20Mb, B=9Mb & C=10Mb) are configure VPN Site to Site which we point to Public IP A, so when the ISP-A down, will Peplink can be able to Transfer VPN Connection to other link or not? if yes, please kindly provide me the configuration Guide. please feel free to let me know if you need any information more. thank you!

The VPN can be using all WAN links at the same time, so when one WAN link fails the VPN will still be up on the other links.

Not convinced you will get a full guide from anyone - that’s why I suggested you speak with a partner.

2 Likes

Hi Sir, I a bit confused about this point because in our firewall we did configure VPN Site to Site to other sites and we point the Public IP A right? So once this public IP is down, so what is the algorithms that peplink use in order to switch to other link, B and C. I just want to make clear understand only. Thank!

The technology is called speedfusion VPN - its quite a big deal. Best start on the technology page here; https://www.peplink.com/technology/speedfusion-bonding-technology/

Demos:

1 Like

I strongly suggest you speak with a Peplink Partner in your region. Most are very friendly - promise, and they will be able to help you pick the right products and configure the VPN in the best way possible.

2 Likes

Thank for your feedback, let me check more. thank!