peplink br1 max - starlink RV

cheerz from austria,
I am quite new in starlink adoption and recently bought a peplink br1 max for my campervan … when trying to connect starlink via ethernet adapter to the peplink device it seems to get the wan connection (can access internet over peplink WiFi) BUT I no longer can access the peplink admin page (192.168.50.1) … when I unplug the starlink ethernet … I can access peplink admin page … looks strange to me … starlink admin is under 192.168.1.1
do i have to configure peplink admin IP to be in same network segment as starlink ? (192.168.1.x)
any hint highly appreciated
cheerz

good morning,
i just tried to set starlink router on bypass mode today … got me a bit closer to where i want to get :wink: but not fully there yet

1. physically connected ethernet adapter from starlink to WAN port on peplink router => green LED on WAN port is lid and blinking a bit (not sure whether this is good … but when i disconnected it is off)
  2. can access peplink admin web under 192.168.50.1
  3. had just my 4g/LTE connection active in the dashboard
  4. configured a standard WAN port
  5. this WAN port now shows that it is Connecting… with (No Ipaddress) in brackets => but seems to not be able to connect somewhow

hmmm … before going to bypass mode on starlink … the starlink connection was fully online and working so something seems to be missing on peplink WAN configuration

can anyone give some hints
cheerz from vienna

You have to wait a bit (I’m sure it is working by now)… Starlink only gives out one DHCP IP address per terminal, and it has already assigned that to the starlink router… once it notices that the starlink router is no longer asking for DHCP it will then issue the IP to the BR1.

ok … will try … but how long is “a bit” ? 1 minute ? 1 hour ?

That is something I don’t have exact information on… The DHCP6 timer is 600 seconds… Others say the standard DHCP is 5 mins…