Peplink Balance One 5G Slow Xfinity Download Speeds

I currently purchased the Balance One 5G and have Xfinity hooked up to the main WAN with T-Mobile as the cellular backup. For whatever reason, the download speeds on any of the LAN ports (even tried hooking a switch up to it), seems to be very low (20-50MB) and my Xfinity plan is for 2GB (I know I won’t hit 2GB but I should be able to hit close to 1GB). My upload speeds are 200MB which is normal but I cannot get my Xfinity download speeds to be better. When using the T-Mobile SIM, I get download speeds of 200-300MB so this is only affecting my Xfinity WAN. Any ideas?

On a side note, I have mostly the default settings and the WiFi disabled…

I think I figured out the problem, it is firmware version 8.4.1 because once I downgraded to the original 8.4.0, my speeds are where they should be…

1 Like

Greg, that should not be the case. I’d suggest opening a ticket and let the good support engineers at Peplink take a look. You’ll want to attach a diag report to the ticket when running 8.4.1 and turn on RA. I’d also post the ticket number here.

Same problem with me once i upgraded… to 8.4.1

Interesting. My advice to you is the same as I gave @Greg_Burton . Gremlins like this have been known to creep into firmware revisions and your hardware is relatively new. Let’s see what the folks at Peplink say about this.

FWIW, we just a test with a B20X, HW3, and were unable to reproduce the issue you report. Maybe hardware specific." (We have some new B-Ones here but thought better of unboxing them.)