Peplink Balance 20 Web Interface Not Responding

I have a Peplink Balance 20 that suddenly stopped responding to its web interface. It was at a remote location and the PEPVPN also wouldn’t connect. If I connected to it on the lan port, it would give me a dhcp address. I can ping it. But, a port scan revealed that all of the ports are closed. I have reset the router, and it defaulted to 192.168.1.1. It still gives me an IP address, but again, all the ports are closed. It was working properly for a number of years without any problems. Is there anything I can do to troubleshoot this problem further? Thanks in advance.

Please share the URL you used to access the Balance 20’s Web Admin.

Ensure there is 1 LAN connection to your laptop only. Reboot the Balance 20. Are you able to access the Web Admin after the reboot?

May I know what is color of the status LED?

1 Like

The LED status is green for both the status and the power. There is only one lan connection to my laptop. I rebooted it a number of times, including resetting the firmware. I am attempting to access the web interface at http://192.168.1.1. The device shows no ports open at all using an nmap scan. The device does give me an IP, so the dhcp server is working. I can ping the IP address of the device. However, the web interface and advanced functions do not work at all. Thanks for the response.

Have you added this Balance 20 into InControl2? If so, are you able to access it via the Remote Web Admin? Please PM me the serial number if you don’t mind.

1 Like

Any solution to this? I have an open ticket for a very similar issue with no solution in sight! Apparently its been passed on to engineering but its caused a massive nightmare in our office with the internet being down so much. We lose internet connection and the laptop can’t even connect when plugged directly into a LAN. It appears to be getting worse and worse on the frequency of the failure. Our provider has checked everything on their end and our switches are fine because internal traffic continues to flow.

@Atticus_Mabry,

Would you able to share your ticket number here ? I can help to further look at the reported problem.

1 Like

Ticket # 785687 . I have replaced the Peplink with an over the counter Linksys and we have had 0 problems since, and I tried a full factory restore on it as well and it got worse before I swapped it out. So there is clearly something bad going on with the hardware. I have asked for a replacement but have not heard a reply in days now.

Hello Atticus,

I’ve updated you via the ticket. Please check your email.

1 Like