Peplink as WiFi hotspot

Can you please point me document that explains how to use peplink devices as WiFi hotspot? I am assuming there should be some way since there are SIM slots.

Thank you.

Hi,
I’m having some trouble understanding your application.
I have some questions before I can answer your question.

What Peplink/Pepwave model are you using?
What are you trying to accomplish?
Are you trying to use this Peplink/Pepwave device as a mobile WiFi hotspot?

2 Likes
  1. Model Pepwave MAX BR1 Mini LTE
  2. Are you trying to use this Peplink/Pepwave device as a mobile WiFi hotspot?
  • Yes, that is right.
  1. There is a Android phone (without SIM card) is installed on a mobile holder near driver. An application on that phone needs to connect to the Internet. This is the reason why we need to find out the possibility of using Peplink/Pepwave as WiFi hotspot.

Thank you!

Hi,

Pepwave products aren’t really designed to be used as a mobile WiFi hotspot.

Of course, you can take the unit with you and plug it into a power supply when you need it.
You can then connect the mobile phone to the WiFi signal of the Pepwave MAX BR1 Mini.
As long as the Pepwave MAX BR1 Mini has a connection via one of it’s SIM-cards, you’re good to go.

If you look at it that way, you can use it as a mobile WiFi hotspot.
But it doesn’t have a built-in battery for example, you will always need a source of power.

2 Likes

Hi,

1. Device will be connected to power source on the bus
  2. Device has SIM card

Will this WiFi hotspot need any password? Is there any default one to start with?

Really appreciate the quick response.

Thank you.

Hi,

Okay, then if the Pepwave MAX BR1 Mini is configured correctly, you should have no problems.

Yes, the default WiFi password can be found on the bottom of the device, on a silver sticker.
Just look for ‘AP Password’ on the silver sticker.

2 Likes

Great. Thank you so much.