Peplink 380 inbound traffic and HA

Hi Guys,

Need some advise. We have the 2* peplink 380 model and 2 WAN links. Primary lnternet links is running on drop in mode via WAN 3 (the reason i use WAN 3 interface instead is because we want to have high available) and secondary internet links is via WAN 2 nat mode.

Hence, the firewall is default route(next hop) to ISP router via peplink. However, I noticed that the incoming traffic to internal server is not working as those server sitting behind the firewall (already have nat to wan 1 /27 subnet ip). Suppose the drop in mode the incoming traffic should not require any configuration? I did configure the inbound services but it doesnt seem to work…

Neither on the HA is working also as once the HA enabled the peplink is totally inaccessible.

Thanks.

Welcome to the Peplink Community! You are correct no configuration is needed for inbound services to work with the drop-in mode WAN. NAT mapping or inbound services can be configured for WAN 2 however to the outside IP addresses of your firewall.

1 Like

Hi Ron,

However it is not working, what could be the possible issue?

Thanks.

From the support.cgi page you can do a network capture to see if you are hitting the WAN interface.

After logging into the Balance, type in this URL to get to the support.cgi page:

http://<Your device’s IP>/cgi-bin/MANGA/support.cgi

1 Like