A long-shot question, but what the heck!
I have a simple B One-based home LAN with a wired LAN with two clients, and wifi on a separate VLAN. I recently replaced one of the wired clients with a new Dell PC. Everything was working smoothly for a few days, at which point this new PC would experience a hard hang, completely unresponsive, with the processor clearly consuming a lot of power. At the same time, my other wired PC would lose all network connectivity and the B-One’s DHCP couldn’t assign an address. Assigning a static IP didn’t work either: the wired network was hosed. The wireless clients on a separate VLAN were unaffected.
Disconnecting the malfunctioning PC from the network didn’t restore connectivity to the other PC. A forced reboot of the PC restored the PC but still not the wired network. I had to reboot the B One to get both wired clients back online.
This problem continued to occur every few days (with a seemingly random schedule, though usually during Modern Standby sleep) and in spite of lots of changes to the Windows configuration, I couldn’t get to the root of the problem.
To rule out that this was a B One problem, I swapped in an old Surf Soho MK3 with nearly identical configuration. The PC hangs continue every few days with almost the same symptoms as before, however, rebooting the offending PC restores wired network connectivity. I don’t need to reboot the Surf Soho to get my network back.
If anyone has any bright ideas, I’m all ears.