Outbound rule for youtube video

What is the easiest way to route youtube streaming video over WAN1 and all other traffic over cellular?

Hi @aquablue,

Create enforced WAN1 outbound policy rules with source set to any and destinations with the following domains:
youtube.com
www.youtube.com
m.youtube.com
ytimg.com
s.ytimg.com
ytimg.I.google.com
youtube.I.google.com
i.google.com
googlevideo.com
youtu.be
Create another enforced rule for cellular interface with source, destination set to any and place it on top on HTTPS_Persistence rule. For all new created rules set protocol to any. With these rules you should be able to route youtube through WAN1 and the remaining traffic through cellular interface.

2 Likes

That is awesome - thank you! Do you happen to have a list for twitch? :slight_smile:

Hi @arcanjl, I have done a quick test and these ones look to be sufficient:

1 Like

Thank you!!!
How did you do that? I spent forever looking. There are a few more that I would like to do, but don’t know how to find them.
For example, some MOBA’s I would like to rout NOT using the VPN because the ping is too slow

@arcanjl I am glad I was able to help :slight_smile: I searched for service used domains online, sometimes there are list done by other people, other times its needed to search multiple sites to find most of them. After finding them you can do few route or block tests to check if any more are needed. What MOBA’s do you have in mind ?

1 Like

Referring to this article:

It would be great if we could have a domain name group for these rules.

1 Like

Here are the domains names for Hulu:

1 Like