I just bought a large RV. We intend to live in it full time for a while and fast mobile internet is a problem. I’ve been researching solutions and came across load balancing routers, and followed the carrot here… Combining cell signals for a stronger high speed connection. Please tell me if I’m wrong.
I’m a well educated and capable woman. I’m prepared to invest the time, energy and money into learning and buying whatever I need. But can you give me an idea what I’m looking at?
Please don’t attempt to scare me away as people tend to do online. Here’s a few questions to get you started:
- My network experience is about a 4 out of 10. How difficult will it be to setup? (I assume it’s not plug and play)
- is the “outdoor max dome” an all in one solution, or just basically an antenna that still needs a router connected inside?
- what kind of financial investment am I looking at? I understand this is a commercial solutions provider, so I expect it to be pricey.
- Are these devices even available to the general public?
- Will I need two separate cell providers (differing frequencies) our two identical signals for the channel bonding?
- what kind of compatability issues might I encounter? Can I connect a wifi router so my tvs, Xbox, tablet or laptop can all connect if needed? Will household devices be able to utilize the network without further assistance?
- on a scale from 1-10 how far off am I coming here? Did I connect the bits of info across the web correctly, or am I totally in the wrong place for my need.
I really just need confirmation that I’m in the right place before setting in to study.