Ospf

Hello,

Is it possible to add OSPF dynamic routing protocol for LAN/Site-to-site tunnel interface ?

Imagine the following case.

Two data center connecting via High Speed link (OSPF configured).

Branch device has one S2S VPN to each Datacenter Peplink (HA pair or not).

Branch traffic reach the different networks using the shortest path.

If the S2S to a datacenter fails, traffic is routed to other VPN.

Regards,

Hedi

Hi Paul,

Our proprietary Site-to-Site VPN technology already uses this type of logic. You just need to deploy a Peplink Balance model 210 or higher at each location.

Thanks,

Tim

Hello Tim,

I don’t fully agree…

For the moment, the PEPLINK only supports Static Route on the LAN interface. NO RIP or OSPF.

It means that all routes must be manually added and there’s no way to known if this routes a still valid (except if the LAN interface fails).

It would be nice to add RIP or OSPF support on the LAN side in order to advertise these routes to the branch site (like static route in the current release software).

Regards,

Hedi

Hi Hedi,

You’re right. We understand the requirement of RIP/OSPF support on the LAN side. This is on our roadmap for a future release in the new year :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Keith

Hello Keith,

Many thanks for your reply and this good news…

Regards,

Hedi

Hello,

Is there any update to this? I just spoke with support and they have informed me that it is still not supported?

Thanks,
joe

For sure this will be available in the major release 6, along with other nice features. I know it’s taking longer than we wanted and it will be worth the wait. :slight_smile: Sorry for the delay.

The next major release should enter Customer Beta status in this quarter.

Hey Keith,

Thanks for the quick response. Looking forward to the update.

-Joe

It would be nice to add RIP or OSPF support on the LAN side in order to advertise these routes to the branch site (like static route in the current release software).

Hello, OSPF and RIP are actually nearly here :slight_smile: They will be apart of the new 6.x firmware which is currently in Beta testing. Also, VLAN tagging is will be added to it also.