OpenVPN

I was directed to update to the latest beta firmware by support on the Balance 20.

I noticed a new section “IPsec VPN”. It would be nice if they also offered OpenVPN client connection as well. One of my ISP’s offer OpenVPN as a VPN solution.

Another interesting thing would be creating SSH tunnels. That way the SSH could be used as a socks proxy.

Thank you for feature request. We will consider this feature would be fit into our roadmap or not.

i really like this feature too. please consider to put it in the roadmap

1 Like

Me too , or any other kind of VPN connection on WAN links like PPTP,L2TP,SSTP.

$50 Buffalo routers have all this out of the box (comes with DD-WRT pre-installed).
I just recieved my PepLink Balance 20 and currently have it setup to pass all inbound traffic from both WAN ports to the Buffalo router. I then have the peplink balancing traffic along with a few rules to make specific ports go out the WAN port I have setup with a static IP. (some email servers wont want to recieve email from a server on a Dynamic IP block so I have port 25 always routing out over the Static IP WAN Port.

I went a little off topic, but I guess what I’m trying to say is that I’m using a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH as my main router. It’s got a great price, very reliable and has the power to handle anything I’ve thrown at it, tons of features and highly customizable(it runs DD-WRT). Plus they are available at all BestBuy’s so If need something ASAP and that wont cost much I would recommend picking one of these up.

It would be great to see all of the features within DD-WRT in the PepLink router itself, but for now the combination of the two have been able to do everything I need them to.

Any updates with this? That is specifically supporting OpenVPN for client router connections?

Thank you.

1 Like

Hi,

OpenVPN (Client Router) still in queuing list.

We had added to support L2TP over IPSEC for client to server VPN type.

Thank You