OpenVPN WAN Woes

Hi, I’m using the OpenVPN WAN feature add-on and am having a heckuva time getting things to work. I am running firmware 8.3.0 build 5229 on a Pepwave MAX BR1 Pro 5G device. I have an OpenVPN configuration file which works fine through a client on my mac laptop.

On the Peplink, the same configuration has only randomly connected but 95% of the time it tries connecting and flips to a Disconnected state. The few times that it has connected, I can reach the main server on the other network, but nothing else behind it (which I am able to do via my laptop). I’ve been fighting with this for a few days now and am at my wits end.

Wondering if anyone has any insights?

I managed to figure out the part to talk to other devices on the network (needed to add an outbound rule to send that traffic back to the OpenVPN Wan. However, unreliable connection to the VPN is still a thing.

Have others grappled with that? Any thoughts?

I’m having issues with OpenVPN also. I’m running 8.4 on a B2 router, I purchased the OpenVPN license key and activated it. IC2 shows that it has been activated. But I’m unable to see the OpenVPN WAN in my dashboard or WAN network config screens. I can see that I can set up a profile which I did. But still not showing up in the dashboard to be enabled. Any tips on this?