OpenVPN WAN Licence activated but not actually connected to VPN provider

Hi Everyone,

Just yesterday I came across this Peplink / Pepwave setup with NordVPN – Live Chat, VPN Setup, Troubleshooting | NordVPN Customer Support and urgently set about buying the licence (pre-requisite) so that I can get VPN security working in tandem with the high security levels of Peplink as my VPN router.

I used this guide from 5G store https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF8URX0Hc4o to setup the OpenVPN client, and like the video (3/4 way through) it showed “connected” in the Dashboard where it previously just had the WAN interface, but now also the OpenVPN WAN 1 connection showing.
In spite of it showing as “connected” on the dashboard, however, I can tell from a visit to the Nordvpn main page (which shows your IP address) that its not actually using my VPN for the main internet connection. Is there some additional steps I need to follow? Do I need to fiddle with priorities of connections? or something else?

Can you please share from screenshots so we can see what you’re seeing? I just did OpenVPN yesterday and today so it’s fresh in my mind.

Hi @JO3 I’ve actually been able to get it all working so problem resolved. I’m pretty sure I resolved it by going into the “details” tab of the OpenVPN WAN 1 link on the dashboard before then ticking that I want to use the specially entered NordVPN DNS server as my “resolver” DNS to override whatever I might have already set as DNS for the Guest and Main LAN networks beforehand.

Thanks for your quick reply nonetheless!

1 Like