I’ve got a PepWave Surf router, and have configured OpenVPN. I’ve downloaded the config file and added a user/password.
When attempting to connect it fails authentication. I have verified multiple times I’m using the correct credentials. I’ve tried on multiple computers. Still can’t get connected.
Please advise, is there a problem with the OpenVPN implementation, or am I doing something wrong?
Having the same issue. Tried 8.0, 7.2 and now Beta 8.1 firmware. Cannot get any of the three remote user vpn’s to authenticate. Tried from 2 windows 10 pc same result. auth failed
I can tell you what the solution is. I bet your router is NOT the DHCP server on the network, right? Add a new LAN that has DHCP enabled and assign it to the VPN Users. Make sure VPN users have access to the main LAN of your network (there’s a setting for this). By the way, I’m using OpenVPN client. I’m pretty sure 7.2 does not have this feature.
The issue was caused by the DHCP server being configured with only one available IP address in the scope. As a result, every time I connected, authentication would succeed, but the connection would then drop because no DHCP addresses were available for lease. Once the DHCP scope was corrected and additional IP addresses were made available, the problem was resolved.