Not compatible with Verizon?

I recently bought the MAX BR1-Mini-LTE-US-T, inserted the new SIM card and at first it connected, but then I received an email from Verizon (see below). I called them and they’re telling me they can’t offer an unlimited plan with the device. I’m in a pretty rural area without any other kind of internet options (except for satellite, which is a no go for me). Do you know of any work-arounds or other carriers that can offer unlimited data?

Someone on your account has switched from the to the by moving SIM cards. This change, however, will not work because the SIM is on an unlimited plan and incompatible with . We recommend replacing the SIM in the original or other compatible device.

Hello blakea1026,

The unlimited plans for most of the major carries in the US are limited to cell phones only. The devices that are approved for us in the US do work with Verizon’s network.

1 Like

…use WiFi-WAN functionality to connect to a compatible cell phone. Not the best solution…but a workaround :wink:

Wouldn’t I still be limited to the 15G hotspot cap per month though?

Those Verizon unlimited plans that allow hotspot/router use are all (AFAIK) limited to 15GB or 20GB (depending on the plan) of traffic being routed through the device.

In our experience Peplink routers work well on some of the unlimited plans - but those may be accidents of history (the deployments that I am familiar with were all very early adopters). Verizon reports their usage in two parts - traffic originating from the router itself (unlimited) and routed through the router (capped at 15GB/month).

Yeah. Verizon does now offer an unlimited plan for the Jetpack modems that is $65/month but you have to use that hardware. I did find a service that sells unlimited AT&T data only SIM cards that they say works with Pepwave so am going to give that a try.