Not available - link failure, no data received

I am running two devices connected by wan/lan. I use a transit cat 18 to bring in wifi and one cellular signal. That transit cat 18 device is connected to a pep balance that broadcast wifi and has both the main cat 4 and a cat 18 modem with SIMs loaded.

My goal was to bond the 3 connection on the transit cat 18 and feed the line into the pep balance where that LAN connection is bonded with the cat 14 and cat 18.

When i attempt this i get the following from the balance 20x and a similar error on the transit cat 18 cellular.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong or why i would get a link failure?

The most likely cause is that SpeedFusion traffic being sent inbound via the Transit is being intercepted by it (as it will also be listening on the same ports for Speedfusion traffic) so it doesn’t arrive at the 20X.

Go to the Transit and change its PepVPN / SpeedFusion data port to 5500 from 4500 and see if that helps.

1 Like

I tried that with no luck. I disconnected the two devices to see if they could run speedfusion separately and the balance was able too bond the two cellular connections with no problem
image|690x152

The cat 18 on the other hand will still not bond on the cellular connection. Any thoughts?

I tried that with no luck. I disconnected the two devices to see if they could run speedfusion separately and the balance was able too bond the two cellular connections with no problem

he cat 18 on the other hand will still not bond on the cellular connection. Any thoughts?

Thank you

OK Just to check. You’re saying that the transit can not use its cellular connection when it is building its own tunnel to SFC?

If so, try swapping a SIM from one of the modems in the working balance to the transit to rule out SIM / operator issues.

1 Like

Both these units are installed in a tough spot so swapping the sims would be a last option if possible.

I have run more test and isolated the issue to the SIM slot on the transit being active. If I disable the sim on the transit the WAN connection on the balance shows active.
Balance:

Transit:
If I move the cellular (sim) back to active i get this result:

It’s only when I have Speedfusion running on the balance 20x with the WAN connection included in the bonding and the cellular connection active on the transit cat 18 that there is any problem.