We have spend two days trying to setup an IPsec connection between a Peplink 580 and a Netgear Router SRX5308 with no luck. These are the things we have tried:
- Verify that Phase1 and Phase2 encryption algorithms match.
- Verify preshared key match, even at the beginning we had a preshared key containing symbols like ^, @, $. We removed them and we try just a simple plain preshared key.
- Verify and match that the SA Lifetimes match for both phases in both sites.
Weird things we noticed are the following:
- On the Peplinkm the IPsec VPN status shows a spinning wheel with 100.x.x.0/24 <-> 192.x.x.0/24, but the VPN connection profile shows for the “Local Networks” setting 100.x.x.10/24.
- Unfortunately the Peplink does not have good logs!!!..we tried to troubleshoot based on the logs of the Netgear Router which showed the following line indicating a mismatch… [IKE] ignore information due to hash length mismatch_
Is there anything else to be done in the Peplink to make it work…?