No WDS APoneACmini

Using firmware 3.6 Web interface reports no WDS option in AP tab.

I took a look on our site at the release notes for 3.6.0 and it says WDS is not supported in this build.

I recommend to update to 3.6.1 and try again.

Thanks

2 Likes

No luck with 3.7.2 Seems that feature has been removed. And just to be clear the device is not in router mode.

We will work out a similar technology in the future firmware release. Probably in 3.7.3. We will keep you posted the update.

Thank you.

3 Likes

Desperate for WDS. What firmware version do I need to go back to? Where can I get that?
Thanks
Brad

You may download 3.5.4 from here - https://www.peplink.com/support/downloads/archive/. Please download the firmware that matched with your AP’s hardware revision.

1 Like

Why wasn’t the elimination of WDS made apparent to owners of Pepwave AP products? As a best practice I generally adopt updated firmware after a 30 day delay to account for “woops”. I am having to apply a downgrade 3.5.4 for an AP One AC mini in a situation where I cannot get Ethernet cabling I rely on WDS. WDS is not ideal but bandwidth needed is small so WDS is acceptable to the alternative of no coverage. How is it that a feature of the product is eliminated with no warning with the documentation still referring to the feature that has disappeared.
I am not a trained IT or communication technician. However I have been working with IT technology for myself and my family since 1982. I have been an early adopter of in home technology using the gear provided by a wide range of manufacturers. In my opinion Peplink/Pepwave gear is the best I have come across for my network needs using Balance routers, Pepwave WAP and InControl2 located in three family homes.
I do recognize that these products are generally for commercial applications where trained technicians apply their experience daily to manage ongoing challenges to maintain usable internet communications. After setting my systems up and getting them working I may go many months without having to address a problem beyond ensuring that firmware updates are applied successfully, so my toolkit gets rusty. But for me this elimination of a documented feature without warning is a black mark against a brand that I have come to believe in and promote to those who ask for my advice,
I believe an explanation from Peplink is warranted and an ongoing policy that reveals in release notes that highlights not only fixes but FEATURE CHANGES.
Thanks
Brad

Not to be too persnickety, but the release notes for the upgrade say:

2 Likes

I humbly admit that the release note for that specific version did have the warning. Amatuer mistake that must have come from skipping firmware versions. I am busy doing other things for my business. At least under the current circumstances I have the time to deal with this.
Thank you.
Brad

1 Like

Progress so far: AP One AC mini is now firmware 3.5.4 but for WDS I believe it takes two to tango. IF this isn’t true I do not have to downgrade firmware in Surf SOHO Mk3 HW1.
IF I do have to downgrade I need a link to the firmware archive for the version of the firmware for the Surf SOHO needed to get WDS going.
Thanks
Brad

1 Like