Thanks for the reply @mldowling
My first ticket was submitted during the week and I didn’t get so much as an automated acknowledgement. Nor am I receiving verification emails when I try to sign up to the support portal, which is a bit concerning.
My current problem is rather lengthy, and I’ll have to redact the IP addresses etc…
We have a Balance 30 that’s been deployed at a customer site for several weeks without any problems.
Today the customer has been reporting numerous network dropouts. I checked the router event log and there weren’t any cellular/USB drop-outs that matched the reported problems. Their devices all had a strong WiFi signal. I was seeing around 50Mbps aggregate across the cellular and USB modem.
I tried to connect to the web GUI through InControl but it would only connect about 10% of the time, and each page load would take 10 seconds+, often timing out. I also noticed that the router name did not match the name in IC. The router had retained its old name from a previous project many weeks ago.
IC was reporting that there were “Config Patches Available” for the router. I applied these through IC and then the router name updated to match IC.
Whilst IC is consistently showing the router as looking healthy, the web GUI was still extremely unreliable and would only connect occasionally.
I finally managed to get onto the router and upgrade the firmware from 8.0 to 8.0.1 build 4368. This didn’t resolve any issues. I also rebooted the router, but this also made no difference.
I had also tried running WAN Analyser before and after the firmware upgrade, but every time it would fail to even start.
After several attempts I managed to enable WAN management via a routable public IP address on the USB dongle. Once I connected via the cellular IP address the GUI management was 100% reliable and super fast with no issues whatsoever. The WAN Analyser would also run as a client against our FusionHub without any problems but only whilst I was connected to the GUI via the cellular IP address.
I then removed the router from IC and re-added it. This made no difference.
I finally decided to factory reset the router and reconfigure it. I was unable to factory reset via InControl Device Tools, it just said “Failed” each time. I had to connect to the GUI via the public IP to factory reset the router.
Once it had reset I managed to carry out a small bit of configuration through web GUI, which was still very slow and constantly unreliable. After a few minutes the web GUI just stopped working and kept coming up with “Connection timeout, please try again later” messages.
I enabled WAN GUI access through InControl and this configuration was successfully pushed to the router and I can now connect to the GUI via the cellular IP address without any problems. GUI access is flawless via the cellular IP address. InControl web GUI will not connect at all now.
I have enabled Remote Assistance on the router.
The web GUI can currently be accessed via https://x.x.x.x/ however whilst this IP address is publicly routable, it is not static and will change if the USB modem reconnects, so you may need to check the WAN IP address of circuit “USB - Three” in InControl.
We have a couple of other BP30’s and many other routers all operating happily in InControl, so this appears to be an isolated problem.
The router is on a client site where we do not have physical access to it and they will need service restored by 8am GMT Tuesday,