No internet connection trough OpenVPN

So the setup here is that a have a local Transit Duo MAX router connected to a FusionHub
running on AWS server. Behind the router there is an encoder (and later other devices) I want
to acces trough a VPN.
So on the FusionHub I have set up a Remote User Acces, downloaded the OpenVPN software,
imported the ovpn file, opened the right ports in the AWS server and voila,
I can acces the local IP address of the encoder. Happy Me !
But when I wanted to share the good news I noticed something else, I had no internet connection
anymore !
What did I mis here ? How do I keep using the Wi-Fi connecting I was on with my laptop or
even use the WAN connections that are on the local router ?
Please see small diagram below.

@Frederik_Ailliet ,

Are you downloading the “Route All Traffics” OpenVPN profile or Split Tunnel ?

For “Route All Traffics”, all traffics will route via the tunnel. You need to make sure FusionHub end are allowing the Internet Traffics.

For the encorder access, if you using split tunnel , you need to make sure FusionHub is enabled “Include OSPF Route”

1 Like

Is this standard or does it require a config somewhere ?

@Frederik_Ailliet ,

This is not the standard, it’s depend the network design whether how the Internet traffics need to forwarded when whether any restriction enabled for the FusionHub/Cloud platform which potential stopping the Internet traffics that send by the laptop.

You can using split tunneling profile and recheck whether you still having Internet access issue. If yes , potential is the cloud end/setup which blocking the traffics.

If still have problem , please create a ticket to allow local partner/support team to check on the issue.