Next Firmware release?

Had to reject the 6.1 FW release due to front panel indicator operation being flawed. The next FW (6.2) release is supposed to FIX this correct? Any idea when that will be? Is there any possibility you could just patch 6.1 FW for the FP Indicator issue without making us wait for the next full FW release??? I really want to be able to use the fixed MAC ACL in 6.1.

Hi,

Can you elaborate more on the problem of “front panel indicator”?

It’s a known issue and [Ticket #740123] was opened for it.

Hi,

Version 6.1.2 will be available on mid/end of May 2014 tentatively.

Any chance we can get the front panel indicators to work as expected with FW 6.1.2??

Hi,

As in the ticket, Wi-Fi LED represents the Wi-Fi data flow activity, including both local AP and Wi-Fi WAN.

OK. I’m confused now. Not sure what your getting at…I know for a fact that FW 6.1 has the front panel indicator monitoring WiFi WAN ONLY. It’s hard coded in the FW in contrast to 6.0 FW that correctly monitors both AP & WAN, but 6.0 has other issues. SO, your last reply is in reference to the upcoming release of FW 6.1.2 such that the front panel WiFi status indicator issue of only monitoring the WiFi WAN data stream will be fixed?? Or are you referring to something else??

The optimal would be a selectable setting for the front panel WiFi status indicator that monitors WiFI AP or WiFi WAN or both.

To help clear up any confusion:

6.1.0 / 6.1.1
The Wi-Fi LED represents the Wi-Fi WAN connection status.

6.1.2+
The Wi-Fi LED represents the Wi-Fi data flow activity, including both local AP and Wi-Fi WAN