New Slim 40G

I use a T-Mobile home internet G4AR for my RV. This model has the external antenna ports 1-4 in it. I just installed the Slim 40G antenna in one of my windows facing the tower.

Initially I connected the antenna cables to the TMHI in the 1-4 order And then checked my cell signals and strength. It was actually worse then the internal antenna that the TMHI alone would get. I swapped the 2 & 3 cables and it did improve some. I’m about 2-3 miles from the tower and I expected a bigger gain from it. Am I doing something wrong here?

how about some actual data…? what are signal levels for each band? with stock antennas and with slim 40g?

1 Like

Here is the cellular matrix data:

LTE Before After
CQI 5 4
RSSI -86 -99
RSRQ -12 -13
RSRP -99 -113
SINR 1 0

5G cellular matrix data:

Before    After

RSRQ -10 -10
RSRP -97 -96
SINR 14 16

Data posted

Any updates on the performance of this antenna? I’m looking at the same unit for T-Mobile. Thanks!

I removed the Peplink antenna and installed a Waveform 4x4 mini antenna. My download/upload speeds doubled and my pings are lower. Better cell matrix’s as well.

Anyone interested in a lightly used Slim 40G. :joy:

Did you need to use 90 degree adapters to connect to the T-Mobile? I appreciate your quick response as I’m dealing with internet issues here.