Network design with Speedfusion is my solution good?

Hello, I bought the Pepwave MAX Transit Duo LTEA Primecare for the RV.
I’ve never done anything with Peplink devices and wanted to get your advice on my “challenges”.

Hardware:
MAX Transit Duo cat 12 LTEA Primecare (MAX-TST-DUO-LTEA-K-T-PRM)
SIM Card 1 Telekom Unlimited
SIM Card 2 Telekom Unlimited
SIM Card 3 Vodafone 60GB For regions where the Telekom does not have good reception.

FusionHub on a HP Gen9 Server ESXi in my Office Internet Connection 1 Gbit down 65 Mbit up
The FusionHub has an external static IP

I have the following challenges:
1.) I need RDP and TeamViewer for work and would like to use load bonding in order to achieve reasonable speeds even in areas that are not optimally supplied with LTE.
Speed ​​fusion bonding without Voip (Wifi call)

2.) Because cell phone reception is often not very good in RV.
I would like to use the wifi calling from German Telekom.
I’ve seen there are several options with FEC as well as wan smoothing.

2.1 Speed ​​fusion tunnel Voip with wan smoothing

2.2 Speed ​​fusion tunnel VoIP Forward Error Correction FEC
What do you recommend?

3.) I would like to stream Netflix, Prime Video, Sky Ticket ect via 2 Fire TV Sticks.
I’ve heard that Netflix blocks a lot of VPNs and that FusionHub also has problems.
The only way to get around the problem is to let the 2 FireTV directly without bonding and thus speed fusion into the Internet correct?

So my current plan would be as follows:
1 Speedfusion VPN for VOIP with wan smoothing or Forward Error Correction FEC
1 speed fusion for the other traffic
The two Fire TVs directly into the Internet without a VPN
Does that make sense or are there better solutions?

Regards

1. OK
  2. you can do both smoothing and FEC. experiment and find out which levels work best for you
  3. i dont route streaming TV through speedfusion, i dont see the benefit. that said, if your hub is on your office connection, its not a typical vpn service that might be blocked. so why do you think netflix/etc will block vpn? it would just appear as if you were accessing from your office connection, right? also, what do you mean “fusionhub also has problems”?
1 Like

2.) I found the following interesting statement.
So wan smothing is the right solution
When to use:
Forward error correction
Bandwidth-sensitive 1-way communication such as live TV and video streaming.
WAN smoothing
Latency-sensitive 2-way communication such as VoIP or video conferences.

I also use Microsoft Teams as well as Zoom and Webex Meeting.
Is there only the possibility to route VOIP traffic over ports? Because then there are many different ports and rules?
How to put all Voip traffic to the Speedfusion Voip?

3.) Ok if only the IP is blocked, it should work via my IP. It was poorly worded, I meant with problems that the Fusionhub vpns are often blocked as well. Speedfusion has the advantage of bondings and not the best LTE coverage can make a difference when streaming

Regards

Again, you can experiment if you use wan smoothing, what level, FEC, what level, or both, and at what levels. Just know they are all options.

You can set outbound rules based on destinations, ports, etc. Depending on your setup, you can also select protocols/services from drop down (perhaps someone else can elaborate on this option), where packets are inspected for the traffic, and then route accordingly.

In my setup, VoIP is routed based on outbound rules. I select ports and or destination. You can also select entire devices. Yes, if you do by port and destination, there could be many rules.

Back to the streaming, many TV devices buffer, so even if you have an unstable connection, it may not be noticeable. But yes, if your IP/ISP where you are placing the hub is clean, then probably no issue routing streaming traffic over Speedfusion, but I personally don’t do that.

1 Like

I would setup some Sub-tunnels with different optimizations. Then you can decide with the outbound policy what kind of Tunnel will be used for the different szenarios.

Somethin can be routed through the tunnel with active FEC, other stuff in the tunnel with Smoothing on something without anything - and maybe the rest without tunnel.

If you need help, your certified Peplink partner can help you.
Where are you located?

BR
Dennis

1 Like

so now I had time to deal with it.
But unfortunately it doesn’t work as expected yet.

Unfortunately, the traffic goes completely via bonding!

do i have a logical error or a wrong order of the rules?

all traffic should go via VPN 1 bonding

except
VOIP Smothing
RTP Smothing
RTPS Smothing
Netflix directly via Celluar

Regards

Hello Dennis,
I set it up as you recommended.
Thank you for your opinion
I am located in Germany

HI,

it looks like your Policy for Netflix is only active if the Destination is PepVPN.
I think correct would be Destination “Any” in that case

And the Any Traffic Bonding should be disalbed here, otherwise everything will be sent into the tunnel.
The First rule will be used first, if it fits in that rule it will be used, if not next rule. You will never have Netflix in your Destination “VPN”

BR
Dennis

Agree, the destinations are incorrect.