Need suggestion whether to us OSPF or Peplink Balance

Hi Guys,

Can you please have a look at my network diagrams? Currently I do have complete static routing but planning to deploy a automated one and same is depicted in proposed one.

I would request you to give me a suggestion whether to deploy L3 switch after firewall and configure OSPF to achieve redundancy or to use Peplink Balance? I mean would it be a wise decision to put LBs at even location and achieve redundancy?

My ultimate goal is to

1. May be use Bonding of both the links
  2. Or use different algorithms for Link balancing
  3. Plus I do have ERP servers behind Firewall R and I do want traffic from FIrewallT and FirewallM over specific link

Please share your feedback or any other design/topology you guys would suggest?

Hi,

Your proposed design is good. I do suggest to use Peplink Balance since redundancy the link bonding are needed. Configuration for SpeedFusion is more easier if compare to OSPF with similar achievement.

Hi there,

So can you tell me if WAN ports can be used for internal purpose? That is if I can connect private IP addresses to WAN?

Plus if you see my diagram I want to confirm that can we deploy Internet leased line on the same box and achieve Inbound load balancing for internet based servers? That is at location R as I have added internal links on the peplink box can I add Internet links as well and configure DNS based inbound load balancing?

Hi,

So can you tell me if WAN ports can be used for internal purpose? That is if I can connect private IP addresses to WAN?
Yes, possible.

I want to confirm that can we deploy Internet leased line on the same box and achieve Inbound load balancing for internet based servers?
Yes, possible. Please ensure you have 2 Internet leased lines with public IP to do Inbound Load Balancing.

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. So at location R what you recommend is and can be achieved is having 2 Internet Links terminated on single BOX and configure Inbound loadbalancing using DNS plus internal LB with Lcoation M and T, right?

Hi,

Yes this is doable. Please ensure you are using high end model if you have high data volume at location R. Please find our Balance specification here.