Need help with Bandwidth Controls

Greetings,

I am looking for some help on how to define user groups properly in order to allow for correct bandwidth controls.

Our model is as - Peplink Balance 380.
Our connections: 1x Dedicated (bonded) t1 connections on wan 1 and, 1 150/40 comcast connection on wan 2.
Our DHCP - Handled by win server with a flat, wide open /16 network.

Prior to setting the “everyone” group to staff I was unable to affect change. Though, after setting the everyone group to staff, now ever one is limited. It should also be noted that we have some rules setup for HTTP and HTTPs to use WAN 2 for web traffic, and then point other services (such as email) to wan 1. How can I properly create the group here to limit bandwidth for users who are using WAN 2?

To be more precise in the /16 network, our staff on are on x.x.40.0/16 network and our infrastructure is on x.x.10.0/16 - with both on the /16 how can I limit just the IPs on the x.x.40.1-.254 range?

bump… week later!

Since devices on your /16 subnet are already organised by type into /24 groups you can just use /24 subnets to identify those groups of devices in the ‘user groups’ section of the QoS settings. So add a manager user group with a subnet of x.x.10.0/24 for your infrastructure and a staff user group identified as x.x.40.0/24 and then set the Bandwidth control for those groups accordingly.

1 Like