Need BIOS Password

I have a Peplink Balance 360 HW5 and whe looking at the console, it’s hanging up on boot with the error message “CMOS Settings Wrong, CMOS Date/Time Not set”. This unit is a backup unit on the shelf and has been sitting for a long time. I replaced the CMOS battery

I can’t get into the BIOS to reset the system clock. (or allow it to continue booting on error).

Can I get the BIOS password from anyone?

Hello @netnolimits,
You are best to contact your point of sale or your local Peplink Certified Partner.

https://www.peplink.com/peplink-certified-partners/

Peplink are not able to release passwords like these outside of there internally & tightly controlled security environment.

As you have opened the lid and replaced the battery the unit may no longer have any warranty (general condition of the most manufactures warranty is that you do not open or attempt to replace parts in the field without direct written manufactures consent), see more here at Warranty, Support & Return Policies.

You may be best placed to raise a support ticket, so you can organise an RMA for repairs, this can be done here by the “Open a Support Ticket” link.

Post your support Ticket # here once raised also for the Peplink Team.
Happy to Help,
Marcus :slight_smile:

OLD post but the solution is to replace the cmos battery, connect to the console, in the console you have the option to boot to default, then once it has booted up, go back and log into the web interface 192.168.1.1 and set the time/location and then save and apply and this will fix the cmos clock boot error.

2 Likes

Hello, Wesley_Finch

It doesn’t work for me.
Peplink 380 HV05.
I set NTP but the time is not changed after the restart.

did you replace the cmos battery first?, if the battery is dead it will not keep time, thus it will not work.

Yes, I did.

I’ve got also the second one with the same issue.
It’s behave in a different way.
I’ve changed the battery but It still has the old IP address.

Ps. Did you use this method by yourself ? I’ll try it one more time if you did.

yes I did this myself, are you booting to default from the console?

it’s been a minute since I did this but also be sure you are setting the time/date correctly (correct format)

I set NTP server by WEB interface only. The time can not be set by other way.
I have access to the device by console port but I can’t login with user ‘admin’ password ‘admin’ .
‘admin’ ‘admin’ work with the WEB interface but it doesn’t work with console connection.

Should I login to the WEB interface and then boot to default from WEB interface ?

the issue here is the controller (hardware) bios time/date has to be set, so however you can get access into the console that’s where it has to be set

I’ve checked everything.
It doesn’t work.

I would verify the battery is good 3.5v, and try cleaning the contacts on the board for the battery, if that doesn’t work it may have a bad rtc