MQTT not working

I recently performed a factory reset on my Pepwave Max Transit Duo and now MQTT isn’t working.
I’m using WAN input, and created 2 additional SSIDs on the Untagged LAN. Inter-VLAN Routing is checked.

• iPhones and Macs can connect to either of these and can access the internet ok.
  • However, the 2 Macs connected cannot ping each other or any other device on the network except the Pepwave and themselves.
  • I’m trying to run an MQTT broker on one of the Macs, and other devices cannot connect to it.
  • I can connect to the MQTT broker ok from the same Mac.

I’m guessing that there is some sort of Pepwave setting change needed to enable devices to see each other, or possibly configuration on the Mac. Any ideas what I’m not doing correctly?

Additional observations:

• Devices connected to either of the 2 new SSIDs I created are unable to see other devices (ping, mqtt, etc).
  • However, devices connected to the default SSID can see other devices.
  • I’ve compared the default SSID settings with the 2 new SSIDs and cannot find any differences.

So as a workaround, I deleted the 2 new SSIDs and am just using the original, factory default SSID. I sure wish I knew what was different about it so that I could use multiple SSIDs.

If you expand the Advanced settings (upper right blue ?) in the SSID you can look for Layer 2 isolation.
Your information seems to match a L2 issue since you are defining only 1 VLAN but multiple SSIDs

Thank you!