Move Device from one organization to other organization

I delete the Device registration on IC2 account 1 and like to add the device on account 2(other organization, but it reports no serial number found.
Just for test I add the device in the old account and it found the serial number- so how to move to a new account (PS i try this with other devices in the account as well to make sure its not a device issue, but all the same - on new account no device found.

any idea, what i do wrong ?

1 Like

First need to remove the device in Organization Settings - Device Management in one organization.

Then use Organization Settings - Add Devices to add to the other organization.

1 Like

Otherwise, please open a ticket for support team to check. Include the SN and from which organization to what other organization you want to move the device to.

https://ticket.peplink.com/ticket/new/public

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, its not as easy as it is, i found that its a move from public IC2 to private IC2, furthermore some settings are necassery in the device IC2 management to enable private IC2, the Host (accepted only as IP address, not as HTTPS url) plus fail over setting. However there is other issue cause the serial are unknown at the private ic2 so we have close relation chip and i contacted directly - no simple answer yet- I will replay if the issue will be found - so many thanks for the replay here…

Yes, I somehow suspected it would be a private IC2, then it makes sense. You need to add the device first on the MSP main page, before you can add it to an organization and a group. Also, then it’s not obligated to remove it from the public IC2.

1 Like

Thanks a lot to all, problem solved, however a modification to change for example to import the CSV file will help a lot.

it was basically my understand problem, cause i search this MSP main page, where there is no link from organization level (even as admin for that level), a link to the main page and opposite will be good, even its blocked by rights, but its makes a clear message.
again thanks for your help

1 Like