I would like to have more granular control.
EX:
I have users that are helpdesk that need the ability to remote into the device, change it’s tags and move from one group to another if needed.
However, this person does not, and ideally wouldn’t, have the option to remove devices from InControl2.
Ideally it would also log when they make changes to the tags.
Hi @jbierwiler,
There is a type of user which would meet the majority of your requirements - Group Admin.
This account can:-
-
Add Devices
-
Edit Devices, including tags, notes, changing the device name, etc
-
Move Devices (to other Groups the user has access to only - from Release 2.8)
-
Remote Web Admin to access the Device GUI
-
Remove Devices from InControl
However, all of their actions are recorded in the Organization Operational Log.
Below is a log to show the information provided:-
Here is a summary of the user roles and an explanation of their access, etc:-
I hope this helps,
Steve
2 Likes
Bumping this. Any chance someone from Peplink could comment on adding more granular permissions?
I brought this up alongside Erik a few days ago with Peplink. Hopefully we see this move forward 
1 Like
Good to know! Looking forward to saying hi in San Ant 