For the past few hours I’ve been trying to find a way to monitor the network traffic of one of my client’s Peplink (Peplink Balance 210 using the firmware 8.0.2 build 4407) since they do require this type of information.
I have checked the MIB file for such appliance and I was able to find the following information:
- WAN name: .126.96.36.199.4.1.236188.8.131.52.1.2
- WAN status: .184.108.40.206.4.1.236220.127.116.11.1.3
- Data Type Id: .18.104.22.168.4.1.23622.214.171.124.1.1 (WAN network usage type id: daily, monthly and since last reboot)
- Wan Data Usage TX Byte: .126.96.36.199.4.1.236188.8.131.52.1.2
- Wan Data Usage RX Byte: .184.108.40.206.4.1.236220.127.116.11.1.3
I’m not that familiar with Peplink so I apologize is this question is quite “newbie” but would be possible to monitor the network usage for each of their network interfaces in real time? Or such thing would not be possible?
I did try the public OID related to network traffic but I did notice if I run the command using the public OID ifIndex I’ll get indexes 1,2,3,4 and 6 whereas if I run the private OID ( .18.104.22.168.4.1.23622.214.171.124.1.1) I’ll get the IDs 0,1,2 and 3. This has caused a few issues and I’m trying to find a solution to this.