Model Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 - Updating to Firmware 8.3.0 has killed cellular performance for me

Running 8.3.0 build 5122 with dual sims (ATT & Verizon), and ever since this firmware update the cellular connection hangs on “connecting” or “obtaining IP address” for several minutes with no progress until I force a reset.

I am in an area with full cellular coverage, in a mid-size town. My phone has 4-5 bars Verizon.

My previous firmware version 8.2.1 build 5082 did not do this. If it couldn’t get an IP from one SIM it wouldn’t hang for minutes, it would reset itself and connect on the other SIM.

I don’t like to do this but I’m considering rolling back firmware.

have you tried to go to the support.cgi page and upgrade the cellular firmware?

No, forgive my ignorance but I don’t know what support.cgi is or why that would be relevant for my peplink router.

I manage the router from my PepWave Web Admin page, and I go to System → Firmware → Check for Firmware and it says Current Version = 8.3.0 and No Update Available.

You may need to change your IP address, but assuming you have the default address, login to your device at 192.168.50.1. Once logged in, change “index.cgi?mode=config&option=main” to “support.cgi”. and hit enter. Click “Cellular module firmware update” and see if an update exist. I’m running 03.09.11.00 on my BR1 Pro 5G.

Thanks for the explanation. I am running 02.30.01.01(AT&T,GENERIC,SPRINT,VERIZON) and it says the latest is 02.32.11.00(AT&T,SPRINT),02.33.03.00(GENERIC,VERIZON)

I’ll try the update and see how it goes.

Updating cellular firmware did not help. I rolled back router firmware to 8.2.1 and the performance is better again. Don’t like running old firmware but I’ll stick with what works for now.

je pense que la version 8.4.0 (si cela fonctionne avec nos machine) serait peut etre mieux …