Mixing bridged and routed networks site-to-site

We recently purchased a pair of Balance devices and with the help of @MartinLangmaid in this thread configured a PepVPN site-to-site profile that balances traffic across a couple ISP links. Now I need to add another network (subnet) to the profile but need it to be L2 bridged rather than routed. That’s why I’m starting this new thread.

On each side of the VPN we have an Ethernet connection to the LAN port of the Balance device that carries multiple 802.1q tagged and untagged VLANS. Our default (untagged) VLAN is the one we first configured the PepVPN with. Later I added VLAN 50 (primary site 10.0.50.0) - to - secondary site 10.3.50.0/24) and the Balance devices route that traffic just fine. Now I’d like to add our VLAN 75 traffic to the PepVPN profile but this subnet has to be L2 bridged. I tried to follow the knowledge base article on the subject but, can’t seem to figure it out. It appears that using my existing PepVPN profile requires that I stick with L3 routed connections.

Am I going to be able to use the existing PepVPN profile or will I have to create a new profile just for this network? And, is it ok to continuing using the same LAN port connected to the VLAN trunk or do I need to use a seperate LAN port on each side for the bridging to work?

Any direction and advice you can give will be greatly appreciated.

You can only have 1 SpeedFusion tunnel (Profile) Layer 2 or Layer 3 for same pair of devices. I will move this post under feature to allow Engineering team to consider the feasibility.

1 Like