Missing Surf Soho documentation for version 8 firmware "AP Status"?

The version 8 firmware upgrade introduced a new section on the AP tab… in addition to “AP” (Wireless AP, Settings), there’s now “Status” (Access Point, Wireless SSID, Wireless Client, Nearby Device, Event Log). Yet I don’t see any reference to it in the User Manual (fw8 June 2020 v8.0.2)?

Specifically, I was trying to understand the distinction between an “AP” and a “Station Probe” in the Nearby Device subsection. Intuitively I’m going to guess that a “Station Probe” is any device that’s looking for an AP to connect to, and the AP shows other nearby access points potentially available to wireless devices. Nevertheless, it still may be helpful to include coverage in the manual for this expanded tab in the administration software.

That is my understanding as well.

What i wonder is the utility of this feature… perhaps a way to identify “evil twins”? If I notice another AP named the same as mine, but with a different MAC address, I could “flag” it as “rogue”. But setting an AP as rogue in here doesn’t do much other than for reporting as I understand it.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.