Mediafast test

A Pepwave MAX HD4 is borrowed from the vendor for testing.
Our main purpose for buying this router model is to stream some video files. The WAN connection is mainly 4G cellular network.
A firewall will be placed between HD4(WiFi disabled) and a WiFi system.
Many mobile clients (less than 200) connect the WiFi system on the trust zone of the firewall and HD4 is connected to the untrust zone of firewall.
Those clients will watch the files at the same time. We worry about the bandwidth limitation of the 4G network.

Question:
We will try to view the video files a day before the event. How do I know the video files are properly cached?
Thank you very much.

Hi,

You can actually find the related info from the MAX HD4 webadmin page Status –> MediaFast

Thank you very much. The test is done. It does what it says and I cannot find any related WAN activity during the playback of the same video.
I turned off the device last Friday after the test. However, I play the same video today and I see that there is WAN activity in the real-time bandwidth page.
Now I have another question:
How long is the content cache in the SSD? I know that the content can be cleared manually or automatically. Does shutdown of the device also clear the cache?

How long is the content cache in the SSD?

Default system settings, OS/Application update content cache would be kept for 7 days and the other cache content would be kept for a month.

I turned off the device last Friday after the test. However, I play the same video today and I see that there is WAN activity in the real-time bandwidth page.

However, the default expired time settings for each cached content can be overwrite by the web server “Expires Response Header” to support dynamic content update.

For more information regarding to the “Expires Response Header” for the web server, you may refer to the URL below:

Does shutdown of the device also clear the cache?

Rebooting/Shutdown the unit will not help to clear the cache

I know that the content can be cleared manually or automatically?

Automatic web cache content clearing will happen for the below events:

1. Cache Content expired base on the default expiring time or “Expires Response Header”
  2. When the storage is full, MFA would follow LRU policy (least recently used) to replace old cache objects. This means objects which have not been accessed for the longest time are removed first

Manual web cache content clearing can be initiated by administrator. For more information please refer to the screenshot attached.

Clearing or deleting all cached content:

Clearing or deleting specific cached content: